August 27, 2021
7 Things to Do in Mexico That You’ve Never Heard Of
Mexico is full of exciting adventures, fun excursions, and beautiful scenery. It’s so easy to get lost in the sights of the soft, white sands, turquoise waters, and sunny skies. Mexico is the perfect tropical getaway to escape the hustle and bustle of life. A lot of people probably think they should spend most of their vacation on the beach. However, there are so many adventures in Mexico you may not even know existed. And, I’m going to break some of my favorites down for you.
Because there is so much to see and do, planning a trip to Mexico can easily become overwhelming, especially if you’re there for only a short period of time. You may ask, what should we see? Or, what excursions should we take? Well, I’m going to give you some suggestions that are guaranteed to offer you an unforgettable vacation. I’ve had a lot of adventures in Mexico, so trying to pick the best experience is like trying to pick my favorite food or movie. It’s almost impossible! So instead, I have narrowed it down to my top 7 choices for exploring Mexico.
In Tulum, we saw and did some amazing things. There were a couple of specific things we did that I want to share with you all.
1. We had Dinner in the Sky. Yes, you read that correctly. We had an actual meal while being suspended in the air with panoramic views of Tulum. For obvious reasons, this was one of the coolest, most unique dinners I’ve ever had. Not to mention the food was delicious!
2. Exploring the Tulum Ruins is a must. I had the opportunity to see them from the sky and land, which was amazing. These ancient ruins are packed with rich history and beautiful views.
3. Another must-see spot, in my opinion, is the El Castillo, located in the ancient Mayan city Chichen Itza. This amazing structure is so interesting to explore. Chichen Itza is now classified as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World and was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988.
Cancun is breathtakingly beautiful. The water is so clear and blue, that it almost doesn’t look real. But it is, which is why Cancun is such a popular destination in Mexico. I can think of a couple of adventures that really stand out during our time in Cancun.
4. We took a flight over Cancun that left us in awe of how gorgeous Mexico is. I thought the landscape was scenic from the ground, but I was blown away when we got to see it from the plane.
5. The Isla Mujeres is a must-see. We rented a boat and took it out across the water from Cancun to Isla Mujeres. However, the ferries go back and forth regularly, so you don’t need to rent a boat. This island has an endless amount of excursion opportunities. If you are a lover of sea animals, they have so many amazing activities for you including swimming with sharks, dolphin and stingray encounters, and turtle nurseries.
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
6. There are 5 eco-adventure parks in Mexico. I had the opportunity to visit two of them and let me tell you, I would go back to both in a heartbeat. Xcaret is truly a magnificent, majestic wonder. There is so much to explore from the crystal-clear, turquoise waters of the rivers and lakes that flow throughout the park to the various exhibits teeming with wildlife.
7. Lastly, the second eco-adventure park we visited was Kantun Chi. This park consists of 5 cenotes and an underground river. So, not only are you surrounded by crystal-clear, turquoise waters but you’re also immersed in nature and wildlife.
Although these seven options just scratch the surface of all that Mexico has to offer, it’s a start to planning your perfect vacation. Planning can be stressful, so I hope that this entry has helped you. I know you and your loved ones will enjoy all of the activities mentioned above.
Share This Post
Big Guy Big World is a travel blog, following Mark Jacoby’s journey as a big guy on a bigger journey, exploring the world during a global pandemic. Follow along as we experience some of the world’s most beautiful and exotic places.